These low cost boards equip developers with everything they need – including codecs, peripherals, video input and output, as well as software and support – to develop innovative video and vision based systems. Additionally, since these boards are so feature rich, yet low cost, developers have the ability to truly see their “side room” projects evolve into full production solutions. For more information on the Leopard Board family of low cost boards please visit www.leopardboard.org.
The Leopard Board family is highly integrated thus enabling the significantly low price point – as low as $84 (Leopard Board 355). Additionally, these boards offer a number of free codecs, up to HD resolutions, as well as an image board connection slot for plug and play capabilities with Leopard Imaging’s array of CMOS camera boards that achieve various camera and video resolutions. To further aid development, RidgeRun is providing a free SDK for both versions of the Leopard Board development kits. These SDKs provide an integrated configuration and build environment as well as the GStreamer audio and video streaming library providing features such as audio and video synchronization and easier codec replacement to allow for immediate designing out-of-the-box.
Leopard Board 355 features and benefits:
- Based on the TMS320DM355, the lowest cost DaVinci™ video processor from Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) for applications driven by advanced image capture and display requirements
- Provides high integration of peripherals and capabilities including Ethernet, USB 2.0, JTAG, an SD memory card slot, an expansion connector and composite TV output. Additionally, support for up to 720p resolution at 30 frames per second (fps) MPEG-4 encoding or decoding, UART, microphone input, speaker output and an LCD/DVI interface
- VGA camera board included for up to 5 megapixel HD (720p) support of video capture
- Free optimized codecs including MPEG-4 and JPEG for video and still image capture and playback eliminates the need for additional codec development
- Image connector slot allows plug and play ability for off-the-shelf CMOS camera boards to meet various resolution and feature requirements
- Open-source, free downloadable SDK from RidgeRun includes GStreamer – a multimedia open source framework that minimizes the complexity of software integration – an integrated configuration and build environment and is pre-configured for easy use
Leopard Board 365 features and benefits (in addition to Leopard Board 355):
- Based on the TMS320DM365 DaVinci video processor from TI with an on-chip image tuning tool which provides video stabilization, face detection, noise filtering, auto white balance, auto focus, auto exposure and edge enhancement, as well as other video quality enhancements for image improvements and added intelligent video processing
- Free optimized codecs with full HD support, including the additional support of H.264 , VC1, MPEG-2, G.711, AAC , MP3, WMA and an audio echo canceller (AEC) for improved compression ratio allows developers to spend time adding value and differentiating their products
- Open-source free SDK from RidgeRun ships with kit for a simple and immediate out-of-the box experience. In addition to the SDK features available for the Leopard Board 355, this version of the SDK also includes DVI and HD support, as well as support for a 5 megapixel sensor
- Easy software migration from Leopard Board 355 to Leopard Board 365
- Two low lost boards from Leopard Imaging with RidgeRun software enable low cost development of video and vision applications
Pricing and availability
Both the Leopard Board 355 (LI-LB01) and the Leopard Board 365 (LI-TB01) are available now at the low cost of USD $84 and USD $129 respectively from Leopard Imaging via Arrow, Avnet and Farnell distributors. To take advantage of RidgeRun’s robust SDK, Leopard Board 355 users can download it free from www.leopardboard.org. The SDK ships free with the Leopard Board 365 and will be available for download from www.leopardboard.org as well.
About Leopard Imaging
Leopard Imaging Inc. is a high-tech company located in Fremont, California that mainly focuses on high definition 720p/1080p@30fps USB Web cameras, video conferencing systems, surveillance security cameras, 3-D stereoscopic cameras and mobile camera modules. Leopard Imaging Inc. provides camera design services and ODM services in low cost, high performance camera industry. Leopard Imaging is also a strong supporter of the LeopardBoard.org open source community.
RidgeRun is a full solution Linux software and services business. RidgeRun specializes in TI ARM and ARM plus DSP solutions. We provide a wide-range of software options and open-source supported solutions to help companies get their solutions to market fast with a low-cost / no-royalties approach to software and custom development services.
About the Texas Instruments Developer Network
Leopard Imaging is a member of the TI Developer Network, a community of respected, well-established companies offering products and services based on TI analog and digital technology. The Network provides a broad range of end-equipment solutions, embedded software, engineering services and development tools that help customers accelerate innovation to make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. www.ti.com/dspdevnetwork
DaVinci is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Leopard Imaging Inc.